Gourmet Gold Winemaker's Tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: GOLD
- Exclusive winery tour and tasting of Mount Riley Winery
- Get insights from your winemaker guide
- Gourmet 3 course lunch and wine pairing at a vineyard restaurant
- Informative vineyard walk and talk
- “Advanced tastings” visiting 4 wineries (fees included)
- A flexible tour experience
- Complimentary collection and drop off at your accommodation in Blenheim/Renwick
- (There is an additional charge for Picton, Waikawa, Havelock, Rarangi, Hawkesbury, Waihopai Valley and Lower Dillon's Point transfers. )
- Time of tour approximately 10.15am – 4.30pm.
For those who want only the finest! This is a premium group tour experience, with all the extras.
The tour includes a vineyard walk and talk to explain the yearly growth cycle, and an insight into viticulture, terroir, and harvest, with an opportunity to taste grapes straight off the vine.
You will then be taken on a exclusive winery tour of Mount Riley Winery, where you may taste grape juice fresh from the press, sample a young Pinot Noir from the barrel, or try a freshly filtered Sauvignon Blanc.
A private tasting of Mount Riley’s wine selection, hosted by your winemaker guide will educate your mind and palate before continuing around the Marlborough wine country, stopping at some of the best wineries to experience their “advanced tastings” .
Lunch is of course a highlight of this tour, as you indulge in a three-course gourmet lunch and wine pairing at one of the fabulous Marlborough wineries.
Please note: Due to Health & Safety reasons full access into the working winery may not be available during the busy vintage season months March-April. During this time we stand at a safe distance to observe the winery at work.